Bruno Mars Scores Most Watched Super Bowl Halftime Show
Rucuss staffFebruary 4, 2014
Bruno Mars made history by becoming the youngest artist to serve as the sole Super Bowl Halftime headliner on Sunday.
The 28-year old’s halftime show also broke the record for the largest audience in Super Bowl history. There was 115.3 million viewers who tuned in to see Bruno with the Red Hot Chili Peppers perform at New Jersey’s MetLife Stadium.
Billboard reports the prior record of 114.0 million was set by Madonna in 2012. Beyonce had the third highest audience with 110.8 million last year.
After his Super Bowl performance, Bruno’s sophomore album, Unorthodox Jukebox, secured the No. 1 spot on iTunes‘ Top Albums chart. His debut album moved up to No. 3. Two other versions of those albums are Nos. 8 and 17.
The game itself set a new record, becoming the most-watched event in U.S. television history with an average of 111.5 million viewers. If you missed Bruno’s performance, watch it below.
Photos via People and TVline.com
More from Rucuss
- Bruno Mars Will Headline Super Bowl Halftime Show [Details]
- Seven Unflattering Photos Beyonce Demanded to be Removed From Internet [Photos]
- Destiny’s Child Will Perform at Super Bowl, Release Another Album [Details]
- Florida Woman Arrested For Pimping 15-Year Old Daughter to Super Bowl Fans
- Tom Brady, Rob Gronkowski Dances, Patriots Receive Super Bowl Rings [Video]
- Lil Wayne Doesn’t Like to Be Touched, Goes Off on Camera Man [Video]