Brandy Confirms Break-Up with Ryan Press [Details]
Rucuss staffApril 15, 2014
Brandy has finally confirmed the news that many have speculated about for months.
The Game star and her fiance Ryan Press are no longer getting married. Many speculated that the two ended their relationship in February after they stopped attending events together. The couple had been engaged since December 2012.
“They are no longer together,” Brandy’s rep told Us Weekly. “The engagement is off, but the friendship is still on. They decided to take a step back and reevaluate the relationship. Brandy is 35 now — that’s what her whole #35 on Twitter is about, becoming her own woman.”
It would have been the first marriage for Brandy, who has a 12-year-old daughter Sy’rai with ex Robert Smith. Before their child was born, the couple faked a marriage for a MTV reality show, Brandy: Special Delivery.
Smith revealed a few years after the show that they were never legally married and only portrayed they were to keep her image. But Brandy insisted it was a “spiritual union and true commitment to each other.”
Brandy, later, was engaged to NBA player Quentin Richardson for more than a year before they called off the wedding in 2005. After the breakup, she changed a tattoo of Quentin’s face on her back into an image of a cat.
More from Rucuss
- The Game Drags Meek Mill Over Nicki Minaj & Remy Ma Beef
- The Game Accuses Tiffney Cambridge Of Keeping Him From His Kids
- Say What: Did The Game Punch NBA Player Brandon Jennings?!
- Tia Mowry-Hardrict Gets Wrapped In Lettuce For PETA [Photos/Video]
- The Game Paints His Mansion Black, Daughter Cali Lands TV Role [Photo]
- Nelly and Girlfriend Tae Hackerd Party at Atlanta Club [Photos]