Brad Pitt Says Marriage to Jennifer Aniston Was Dull
Rucuss staffSeptember 16, 2011
Actor Brad Pitt holds nothing back in a recent interview with Parade Magazine.
Pitt, 47, was promoting his new film Moneyball but somehow the interview switched to his personal life. Pitt explained to Parade he didn’t like the celebrity spotlight in the 1990s.
“I spent the ’90s trying to hide out, trying to duck the full celebrity cacophony, he told Parade. “I started to get sick of myself sitting on a couch, holding a joint, hiding out. It started feeling pathetic.”
“It became very clear to me that I was intent on trying to find a movie about an interesting life, but I wasn’t living an interesting life myself. ‘I think that my marriage had
something to do with it. Trying to pretend the marriage was something that it
Pitt married Aniston, 41, in 2000. They split five years later soon after he
filmed Mr. and Mrs. Smith with Jolie, 36. He allegedly had a fling with Jolie during filming of the movie. Pitt and Jolie are now a couple and have six kids together, with three of whom are adopted.
“One of the greatest, smartest things I ever did was give my kids Angie as their
mom,” Pitt said. “She is such a great mom. Oh, man, I’m so happy to have her.”
Although Pitt and Jolie have been together for more than five years, the actor has said they will not marry until gay marriage is widely legalized.
Pitt has gone into damaged control and said his comments to Parade Magazine were misinterpreted.
More from Rucuss
- Jennifer Aniston and Justin Theroux Have Fun in New York
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Are Engaged! [Details]
- Brad Pitt Transforms into Bob Marley for Interview Magazine [Photos]
- Quvenzhané Wallis Is Youngest Best Actress Oscar Nominee Ever!
- Vivica A. Fox Talks About Failed Engagement, Says She Fell For a Six-Pack and A Smile
- Angelina Jolie Buys Brad Pitt a California Waterfall