Boy George Says He Slept With Prince But Claims It Was A Joke
Rucuss staffOctober 31, 2015
Boy George may have taken a joke a little too far during a taping of The Voice U.K.
The 54-year old singer claimed he has slept with Prince during back and forth banter on set. A discussion ignited between George, Will.i.am, Kaiser Chief’s frontman Ricky Wilson and singer Paloma Faith about who they had collaborated with.
George said, “I have duetted with some of the greatest soul singers in history including Luther Vandross and Smokey Robinson.”
Paloma reportedly replied: “Well OK, if we’re throwing big soul names out there I’ve performed with Prince.” Well, George decided to throw a bomb and responded, “Forget that, darling, I’ve slept with Prince.”
The comment sent the audience into a frenzy. But a spokesperson for the show tells PEOPLE it “was a joke.”
A spokesperson for the show told PEOPLE, “He went on to say that he had Prince posters on his wall as a kid. He was never being serious.” The rep insists the “whole drama of the show coming to a halt didn’t happen at all.”
So much for outing the legendary Prince.
More from Rucuss
- Prince’s Estate Rejects Jay Z’s Bid for Unreleased Music Catalog [Details]
- A Judge Dismissed 29 Bogus Inheritance Claims From Prince Estate
- Jay Z Makes Bid to Buy Prince’s Unreleased Music [Details]
- Prince Died From Accidental Overdose of Opioid Painkiller [Details]
- Man Claims To Be Prince’s Son, Going After Estate [Details]
- Prince’s Cause Of Death Remains Unknown, No Sign Of Trauma Or Suicide