Boxer Adrien Broner Pranks Girlfriend With Fake Marriage Proposal on Live TV [Video]
Rucuss staffJuly 22, 2012
Boxer Adrien Broner was pleased with his fifth round TKO of Vicente Escobedo Saturday night.
The 22-year old improved his record to 24-0 with 20 knockouts. Broner’s family and his girlfriend Arie Nicole joined Broner in the ring to celebrate afterwards. But things became pretty awkward at the conclusion of the fight.
HBO’s Max Kellerman wanted to discuss his strategy, but Broner quickly interrupted his question and said he “had to do something on national television.”
Broner called his girlfriend closer while he dropped down to one knee. The boxer then told her he had an important question to ask and most of the television audience assumed it was a marriage proposal. But instead Broner asked her to brush his hair while he kneeled in front of her. The 21-year old obliged by stroking his hair with a brush.
Later, Arie tried to dismiss the fake proposal on Twitter. She tweeted, “Everybody taking the brush thing seriously!! Geesh we only 21 n 22 can we b young n love for a min lol”
Watch the proposal below.
More from Rucuss
- Adrien Broner Suspended By WBC For ‘F*ck Mexican’ Interview [Details]
- Roger Mayweather on Adrien Broner: ‘He Ain’t No Motherf*cking Floyd Mayweather!’ [Video]
- 50 Cent to Host BET Late Night Variety Show, Other Shows Added [Details]
- Adrien Broner TKO’s Ashley Theophane, Calls Out Floyd Mayeather
- Adrien Broner Explains Why He Dissed Jay Z & Rejected Roc Nation’s Offer
- Did Floyd Mayweather, Jr. Buy Shantel Jackson a $16 Million Dollar Blue Diamond? [Photos]