Bobby Shmurda Pleads Not Guilty to Gun, Drug Charges [Details]
Rucuss staffDecember 19, 2014
Bobby Shmurda needs a good lawyer.
The Hot Ni**a rapper was arraigned and held on $2 million bail in Manhattan on Thursday. Shmurda pled not guilty to charges that he was a member of a street gang responsible for drug trafficking and several shootings.
Police arrested Shmurda on conspiracy, reckless endangerment, and gun possession on Wednesday after he left a recording studio near Radio City Music Hall. Two handguns and a small amount of crack cocaine were found in the vehicle he was riding in.
He is among 15 defendants, who were charged with crimes including murder, attempted murder, assault, and drug dealing that left one man dead, injured a bystander, and caused chaos outside a Miami nightclub.
According to the indictment, members of the gang used code words, referring to shootings as “sun tans,” firearms as “tone,” “socks,” or “CDs,” and narcotics as “crills.”
Shmurda, who scored a top 10 hit with Hot Ni**a, has been arrested twice before for gun and drug possession. If convicted, he faces a maximum sentence of 8 to 25 years in prison.
More from Rucuss
- Bobby Shmurda Sues NYPD Over Alleged False Arrest [Details]
- Bobby Shmurda Accepts Plea Deal, Sentenced to Seven Years in Prison
- Bobby Shmurda Arrested in Drug Case in New York [Details]
- Jimmy Henchman Rosemond Indicted For Murder, Confesses To Planning 1994 Tupac Shooting
- Rapper The Game’s Manager Used Interscope Records To Ship Drugs
- James “Jimmy Henchman” Rosemond Sentenced To Life In Prison [Details]