Bobby Shmurda Arrested in Drug Case in New York [Details]
Rucuss staffDecember 18, 2014
Bobby Shmurda and his GS9 crew were arrested in New York City on Tuesday night.
According to TMZ, the 20-year-old was taken into custody during a sting involving gang-related shootings and drug trafficking. While the indictment is sealed and specific charges have not been revealed, his arrest is part of a long-term investigation conducted by the NYPD and a special narcotics prosecutor.
“These arrests were the result of a long-term investigation,” Kati Cornell, director for NYC’s special narcotics prosecutor, told Wondering Sound. “The investigation did involve a number of violent incidents as well as narcotics trafficking.”
Shmurda, whose real name is Ackquille Pollard, was under surveillance by police and was arrested after leaving a recording studio near Radio City Music Hall. He is scheduled to be arraigned in Manhattan Supreme Court on Thursday.
In October, Shmurda was arrested for smoking a joint while double parked in Brooklyn. He was arrested for possession of a weapon in June.
Shmurda and Migos recently announced plans for a collaborative mixtape under the name Shmigo Gang. His debut album, Shmurda She Wrote, was released in November and had a top 10 hit Hot Ni**a.
More from Rucuss
- Bobby Shmurda Sues NYPD Over Alleged False Arrest [Details]
- Bobby Shmurda Pleads Not Guilty to Gun, Drug Charges [Details]
- Bobby Shmurda Accepts Plea Deal, Sentenced to Seven Years in Prison
- Singer Robin Thicke Arrested For Drugs In New York City!
- Damon Dash Can’t Pay Bills, Faces Eviction From NY Home [Details]
- Woman Claims Rihanna’s MAC Lipstick Gave Her Herpes, Suing Company! [Details]