Bobbi Kristina Interview Scores Oprah’s OWN Network Biggest Ratings Ever! [Details]
Rucuss staffMarch 13, 2012
Oprah was able to score the first interview with Whitney Houston’s daughter Bobbi Kristina, her sister-in law Patricia Houston and brother Gary Houston on Sunday night.
And as it turns out, the special 90-minute interview on Oprah’s Next Chapter had 3.5 million viewers. That’s the largest audience in the network’s 14-month history. The show easily eclipsed a January Next Chapter with pastor Joel Osteen, which nabbed 1.6 million viewers. Sunday’s number is a big breakthrough for OWN, which has struggled in the ratings since its launch.
The Houston’s interview will likely finish amongst the top five broadcasts between the 9:00 and 10:30 p.m. ET slot. The Hollywood Reporter reports OWN recently posted substantial year over year growth in the month of February, growing an average 12 percent in primetime and 29 percent for the total day.
Houston was found dead in a bathtub in her Beverly Hilton hotel room Feb. 11. She was preparing to attend Clive Davis’s annual pre-Grammy party downstairs in the hotel.
More from Rucuss
- Oprah Winfrey Interviews Whitney Houston’s Daughter Bobbi Kristina and Family [Details]
- Bobbi Kristina Brown Dead At 22 [Details]
- Ray J Parties With Brandy the Night of Whitney Houston’s Sudden Death [Photos]
- Whitney Houston’s Family ‘Stunned’ That Clive Davis Had Pre-Grammy Party [Details]
- Ray J Denies Bobby Brown’s Sister Claims That He Gave Whitney Houston Cocaine
- Music Legend Whitney Houston Dead at 48