Don Lemon Supports ‘Stop And Frisk’ Tactics, Gets Clowned By Twitter
Rucuss staffNovember 5, 2013
CNN news anchor Don Lemon continues to feel the wrath from the black community.
Lemon received plenty of backlash on Twitter, after he endorsed the racially divisive “stop-and-frisk” police tactic on The Tom Joyner Show Tuesday morning. Lemon said that police were not always very respectful of the people they stopped. But that tampering with the “formula that has reduced crime in New York City” could be very dangerous.
“The question is, would you rather be politically correct or safe and alive?” he concluded. Those comments didn’t go over so well with African-Americans. The hashtag, #DonLemonOn, was created and many offered comical fake endorsements.
Check out a few tweets below.
Photos via Rawstory.com and CNN
More from Rucuss
- Roland Martin Forced Out at CNN! [Details]
- CNN’s Don Lemon Calls Out Jonah Hill On Twitter For Being Rude [Details/Video]
- Kanye West Hospitalized in L.A. [Details]
- Rihanna Silences Beyoncé Feud Rumors [Details]
- Katt Williams Calls Faizon Love a Snitch, Love Calls Him a Crackhead! [Details]
- Basketball Wives Jackie Christie Loses Mother To Cancer