Birdman Responds to Rick Ross’ ‘Idols Become Rivals’ Diss Song
Rucuss staffMarch 20, 2017
Birdman didn’t waste anytime responding to Rick Ross.
After Ross released his Idols Become Rivals diss track, Birdman issued a response.
“I don’t get caught up in hoe shit,” Baby told Billboard. “I just keep doing what I’m doing and keep pushing. I don’t get caught up in that, I don’t play like that. I’m a man and I stand my ground and I do my thing. Numbers don’t lie, and that’s all I give a fuck about: numbers, and puttin’ them up.”
Ross talks about Birdman and the Cash Money crew on the diss song. He addresses Birdman and their past history, which has included collaborations and a joint mixtape, 2013’s The H: The Lost Album Vol. 1.
“Damn, Stunna, I hate it came to this,” Ross raps. “Rap game, so much fuck shit done. That’s why this .45 in my Trukfit trunks / Fuck a skateboard, I went and got a Wraith, boy / Catholic record labels, ni**as gettin’ raped, boy / Birdman’s a priest, moans in his synagogue / Publishin’ is a sin, repent, forgive me, Lord.”
Rozay confirmed that the beef was fueled by Birdman’s heated dispute with Lil Wayne.
“The Level of respect and Love that I have for WAYNE makes it hard to sit back and not speak on the situation,” Ross wrote on Instagram. “Being a Boss means having the courage to say the things everybody thinking but scared to say.”
Wayne was grateful about the diss song. Weezy tweeted, “dam big bro that msg hit me in the heart and put the motivation on automatik start. I needed that. 1 boss 2 another.”
“Idols Become Rivals” can be found on Ross’ ninth studio album Rather You Than Me, which is out now.
More from Rucuss
- Birdman Talks About Gay Rumors, Rick Ross, Lil Wayne & More
- Radio Station Pulls Lil Wayne & Rick Ross Music, Rozay Apologizes [Details]
- Birdman Threatens The Breakfast Club, Then Storms Off [Video]
- Lil Wayne Reportedly To Sue Birdman For Release From Cash Money
- 50 Cent Files $2 Million Lawsuit Against Rick Ross Over ‘In Da Club’ Remix [Details]
- Reebok Drops Rick Ross Over Controversial Lyrics [Details]
- Kimora Lee Simmons Is Not Dating Birdman, She’s Married! [Details]
- Birdman Throws Drink on Lil Wayne at Nightclub [Details]
- Uncle Luke Writes Open Letter to Rick Ross, Wants Him to End Beefs Before Too Late [Details]
- Rick Ross Sues LMFAO Over ‘Shufflin’ Line [Details]