Birdman Launches Cash Money Films
Rucuss staffMay 3, 2012
Cash Money CEO Birdman wants to put his artists on the big screen.
Birdman has revealed to XXL magazine that he plans to launch Cash Money Films this year. This will be the third division to the company. Cash Money, which has already conquered the music industry, added its publishing division in February in partnership with Atria Books. Now, the company is in high gear and ready to invade Hollywood.
Among the projects in development includes a headlining movie for Omar Epps and a Young Money-starring flick called Rich Gang.
“We start shooting that in the fall,” said Birdman about the movie to XXL. “That’s the whole team, that’s like a 2012 Baller Blockin’. “The ‘Rich Gang’ movie is about the team. Everybody is going to be the star of it, but Wayne will be the center of it. It’s about the team, everybody that’s on the label.”
Birdman claims no acting skills will be required for the movie. He said everyone will play themselves.
“I’m not gonna tell no n—a to go to acting school,” Birdman said. “Just be yourself. We’re excited as a brand about it. Tyga, everybody is like, ‘Stunna, let’s do a movie.’ We got a few of them lined up and we gonna shoot them.”
Cash Money’s Lil Wayne has a 2009 movie to his credit. Wayne had his first acting role in a straight-to-DVD movie called Hurricane Season, which also starred Forest Whitaker and Bow Wow.
More from Rucuss
- Jas Prince Sues Cash Money Over Drake Earnings [Details]
- Vivica A. Fox Talks About Failed Engagement, Says She Fell For a Six-Pack and A Smile
- Lil Wayne Wants Off Cash Money Records, Tyga & Pusha T Respond
- 50 Cent Punches Female Fan, Then Invites Her Onstage to Twerk [Details]
- Lil Wayne’s Manager Addresses Cash Money Fallout: Everything Is Good
- Watch Kylie Jenner & Tyga In Steamy Short Film [Video]