Big Boi Tells Estranged Wife to Get a Job, Wants Joint Custody Of Son
Rucuss staffFebruary 21, 2014
Rapper Big Boi of Outkast and his wife Sherlita Patton are headed for divorce.
And the split is getting pretty nasty. Big Boi has challenged Sherlita for joint physical and legal care of their son, Cross. Sherlita filed for divorce to end their 11-year marriage in October. She claimed their union was “irretrievably broken.”
TMZ reports she asked for full custody of their son, but now Big Boi is fighting back, insisting the 12-year-old would benefit from spending an equal amount of time with both parents.
Big Boi, whose real name is Antwan Andre Patton, has also responded to Sherlita’s demand for child and spousal support. Although he’s willing to pay whatever Georgia officials deem appropriate, he also suggested Sherlita make use of her good health and education and get a job. He doesn’t want her to rely on his money alone.
Cross is the couple’s only minor child. They are also parents to 18-year-old daughter Jordan.
More from Rucuss
- Outkast Reunites On Stage At Coachella [Video]
- Andre 3000 Mother Found Dead in Her Georgia Home [Details]
- Vivica A. Fox Talks About Failed Engagement, Says She Fell For a Six-Pack and A Smile
- Outkast’s Big Boi Settles Drug Case
- Kim Kardashian, Kanye West Silence Divorce Rumors With Family Photo
- Janet Jackson Splits with Husband Wissam Al Mana [Details]