Beyonce Will Make First Post-Baby Appearance at 40/40 Club Reopening
Rucuss staffJanuary 18, 2012
Beyonce is trading in diaper duty for a night on the town.
Beyonce will make her first public debut tonight since giving birth to daughter Blue Ive Carter. The new parents will celebrate the reopening of Jay-Z’s 40/40 Club in New York City on Wednesday.
The New York Daily News reports the club went through a $10 million renovation. There are four 165-inch screens and golden baseball bats that line the walls. Jay told the Daily News, “I wanted to retain the feel of a clubhouse, a relaxed place to interact with friends.”
The 40/40 club is open to the public, but VIP memberships are available for $1,000 a month. The membership grants access to private rooms within the club.
During the interview with the Daily News, Jay-Z refuted reports he wrote a poem to Blue Ivy Carter vowing to drop “b—h” from his word choice. “That poem and story are fake,” Jay-Z said.
Meanwhile, designer Joseph Mbeh has filed a trademark application to start a children’s clothing line called “Blue Ivy Carter NYC.” Mbeh told the Daily News, “We have a line of clothing which is an elite brand.” He didn’t elaborate any further. His application has yet to be approved.
More from Rucuss
- Rihanna Says Blue Ivy Carter is Jay-Z’s Twin!
- Versace Accused Of Discrimination, Using ‘Secret Code’ For Black Shoppers
- Beyonce Gives First Interview Since the Arrival of Blue Ivy Carter
- Beyonce Makes First Public Appearance Since Giving Birth to Blue Ivy [Photos]
- Beyonce and Jay-Z Release First Pictures of Blue Ivy Carter! [Photos]
- Blue Ivy Carter Tired of Being Covered Up, Pulls Back Blanket [Photos]