Beyonce Sings National Anthem Live During Super Bowl Press Conference [Video]
Rucuss staffJanuary 31, 2013
Beyoncé answered a plethora of questions at a Super Bowl press conference Thursday afternoon.
But before Beyoncé answered questions she sang the national anthem, live at the Marc Morial Convention Center in New Orleans. It was a move to put an end to the talk of her lip syncing her rendition at President Barack Obama’s inauguration on Jan. 21.
“Any questions?” she asked after completing the performance.
Beyoncé used a backing track for her rendition of “The Star-Spangled Banner,” a move that was met with backlash after her over the top performance. Many thought she was showboating a little too much by yanking out her earpiece when she wasn’t really singing.
“I am a perfectionist,” Beyoncé explained when asked about the inaugural performance. “I’m very proud of my performance. She said she used “a backing track” due to a lack of sound check and the high stakes surrounding the event.
Beyoncé was tight-lipped about her performance. When asked if there might be Destiny’s Child reunion during the show, she played coy and said, “I can’t really give you any details.”
But she did release footage from Super Bowl rehearsals, offering fans a glimpse at the preparations.
Watch Beyoncé performance below.
More from Rucuss
- Chris Brown, Karrueche Tran, Tyga & More Attend Draya’s Birthday Party [Photos]
- Beyonce Wears Antonio Berardi Dress and Jimmy Choo Shoes to Super Bowl Radio Row [Photos]
- Magic Johnson, Mary J. Blige & More Attend LL Cool J’s Wife Simone’s 90s B-Day Bash [Photos]
- Love & Hip Hop: Did Mimi Faust Use Nikko to Boost TV Ratings? [Details]
- Beyonce Sings National Anthem at 2013 Inauguration [Photos/Video]
- Beyoncé Leaves Make-Up, Weave & Jewelry Behind For Super Bowl Rehearsals [Photos]