Beyonce Returns to Stage After Giving Birth at Revel With Michelle Obama in Attendance [Photos/Video]
Rucuss staffMay 27, 2012
Beyonce performed for the first time since giving birth to her daughter Blue Ivy Carter this weekend in front of a sold out crowd at Atlantic City’s Revel Casino.
Bey performed for a two-hour show with First Lady Michelle Obama and her daughters Malia and Sasha singing along to her tunes from behind a balcony Saturday night. The Obamas attended the second of four shows, which began on Friday at the Ovation Hall. Other celebs that came out to catch the show was The-Dream, Gayle King, Vera Wang, Terrence J, Kevin Hart, Angie Martinez and Will and Jada Pinkett Smith.
The Revel’s new concert hall holds 5,000 with a more intimate feel than a stadium show. Beyonce had numerous bedazzled costumes changes and more than enough hair movement for the night. Her blonde mane appeared to be the headliner of the night with plenty of spinning in circle moves throughout the night.
Beyonce, who claims to have loss 60 pounds since giving birth to Blue in January, did her best to work the crowd with her dance moves and heels. She performed five upbeat songs but relied more on her slower tunes. Beyonce did tributes to Donna Summer and Whitney Houston. Beyonce ended the show with her hit Single Ladies.
Bey’s husband Jay-Z loved the show. Hov tweeted,”I’m gonna say this and then I’m gonna end mine. BEYONCE is the best performer in the world. Period.”
Check out photos from the show below.
Watch a few of her performances below.
More from Rucuss
- Beyonce and Jay-Z Raise $4 Million at President Obama Fundraiser [Photos]
- 50 Cent to Host BET Late Night Variety Show, Other Shows Added [Details]
- Kevin Hart’s Ex Torrei Hart Spoofs Beyonce’s Controversial ‘Bow Down’ [Video]
- Watch Kylie Jenner & Tyga In Steamy Short Film [Video]
- Willow Smith Shows Off Tongue Ring, Upsets Fans [Photos]
- Beyonce And Jay Z Open Grammys With ‘Drunk In Love’ [Video]