Beyonce, Pharrell, Miley Cyrus & More Make TIME 100 Most Influential List
Rucuss staffApril 24, 2014
Beyoncé lands another magazine cover.
Beyoncé is among TIME magazine’s 100 Most Influential People in the World. The Drunk In Love singer graces the cover in a black and white photo, wearing a white bikini with a see through top. Last year, her husband Jay Z’s was on the cover of the same issue.
Pharrell Williams, Miley Cyrus, Barack Obama, Serena Williams, Brooklyn Nets’ Jason Collins and Kerry Washington were also among the list.
In a video posted to Time’s website, Beyoncé explained that she looks to her own mother and daughter, Blue Ivy, as influential figures in her life.
“I feel like my mother and my daughter have probably been the most influential [in my life] and being a mother, and becoming a mother, and looking at my daughter in her eyes, made me into a woman and made me very, very strong,” she said.
Beyoncé continued, “Shooting for Time magazine was definitely one of the goals in my life. It’s something very important to me as an artist because it’s not about fashion or beauty, it’s about the influence I’ve had on our culture and to be among the other influential people is a huge honor for me.”
Watch Beyoncé’s interview below.
More from Rucuss
- Beyonce Jumps Off Top Of Her Yacht [Video]
- Beyonce Shows Off 1-Year-Old Blue Ivy Carter In ‘Life Is But A Dream’ Documentary [Photos]
- Beyonce, Jay Z & Blue Ivy Visit the Louvre Museum [Photos]
- Beyoncé Celebrates 35th Birthday with Soul Train Themed Party [Photos]
- Beyonce And Jay Z Open Grammys With ‘Drunk In Love’ [Video]
- Beyoncé and Jay Z Race Go Karts at Sweet 16 Birthday Party [Photos]