Beyonce Performs in D.C., Protesters Call Her and Jay-Z Demons [Photos]
Rucuss staffAugust 2, 2013
Beyoncé performed two sold outs shows at the Verizon Center in Washington D.C. earlier this week.
Mrs. Carter kept the crowd on their feet performing some of her biggest hits. But a few people weren’t happy that Beyoncé was in their city. Protesters set up shop outside The Mrs. Carter Show warning concert goers that Beyonce and Jay Z were possessed by demons.
The Washington Afro-American newspaper spoke with two protesters, Wade Montgomery and Rocky Twyman, who are founders of a group called Pray at the Pump. The group asks for, and they say receive, divine intervention in the price of gasoline.
“We believe that this couple is virtually destroying our youth,” Twyman told TheAfro.com. “If you go on the Internet, you’ll see stories about how they’re both part of the Illuminati and you can see Jay-Z’s use of the Satanic triangle symbol when he performs.”
Twyman added, “Jay-Z even declared himself to be God by referring to himself as Jehovah, and we don’t think that this is the image that our young people need to be glorifying.”
“We think they will be convicted that there is something wrong here,” he said, “that there is some type of demonic forces that are a part of the Jay-Z-Beyonce syndrome.”
Tyman hopes his movement will catch on with protests in every city on the rest of the Mrs. Carter Show tour.
Watch a few performances from her DC show below.
Photos via Twitter and The Afro
More from Rucuss
- Beyonce Reveals How She Came Up With The Name Blue Ivy [DETAILS]
- Vivica A. Fox Talks About Failed Engagement, Says She Fell For a Six-Pack and A Smile
- Beyonce Ditches Long Wig For Short Hairdo! [Photos]
- Cheap Scapes! Did Jay-Z and Beyonce Stiff Their Own Charities?!
- Beyonce, Jay-Z Lose Battle to Trademark Blue Ivy’s Name [Details]
- Beyonce and Jay-Z Release First Pictures of Blue Ivy Carter! [Photos]