Beyoncé, Jay Z, & Solange Speak Out After Incident: ‘We’ve Put This Behind Us’
Rucuss staffMay 16, 2014
Beyoncé, Solange, and Jay Z have settled their differences.
And they are ready to move on, The family is speaking out for the first time since video surfaced of Solange attacking Jay Z in an elevator. TMZ released the surveillance footage, which shows Solange hitting, kicking and spitting on Jigga at the Standard Hotel in New York.
After many shared their speculation about what happened to trigger Solange’s meltdown, the threesome released a joint statement to the AP.
“As a result of the public release of the elevator security footage from Monday, May 5th, there has been a great deal of speculation about what triggered the unfortunate incident. But the most important thing is that our family has worked through it. Jay and Solange each assume their share of responsibility for what has occurred. They both acknowledge their role in this private matter that has played out in the public. They both have apologized to each other and we have moved forward as a united family.”
The statement continues, “The reports of Solange being intoxicated or displaying erratic behavior throughout that evening are simply false. At the end of the day families have problems and we’re no different. We love each other and above all we are family. We’ve put this behind us and hope everyone else will do the same.”
The Standard Hotel has fired the employee responsible for leaking the three-minute video, which was reportedly sold to TMZ for $250,000.
More from Rucuss
- Solange Reportedly Hit Jay Z For Trying To Go To Rihanna’s Party Alone
- Solange Attacks Jay Z in Hotel Elevator [Extended Video]
- Solange Cover Lucky Magazine, Talks Elevator Fight [Details]
- Solange Knowles And Alan Ferguson Got Married! [Photos]
- Solange Attacks Jay Z in Elevator, Both Get Clowned For It [Details]
- Beyonce, Jay-Z, Amber Rose, Wiz Khalifa, Miguel & More at Made in America Fest [Photos]