Beyonce Didn’t Think Anything Was Wrong Using a Pre-Recorded Track [Details]
Rucuss staffJanuary 24, 2013
Beyoncé continues to remain quiet on whether she lipsynced her rendition of the National Anthem at the 2013 Inauguration.
But it really doesn’t matter if Bey addresses the public at this point. It has already been confirmed by a spokesman for the Marine Corps that she used a pre-recorded track. Nevertheless, she still wowed the crowd with her performance.
But sources told Us Weekly that she’s disappointed in the attention its received because of her last-minute decision to do so.
Us Weekly reports:
“She didn’t think there was anything wrong with it,” the source explains. “Pavarotti has done it! It was freezing out, and if she messed up just one note, that would have been the story.”
Continues the source: “Everybody uses these tracks, and the music director advised it. Any big outdoor live performance is almost always with some kind of track.”
Still, the insider clarifies that Beyoncé didn’t completely lip-sync the song: “She did sing, but used a track.”
The source concedes that Blue Ivy’s mom — most recently spotted in New Orleans — is disappointed by the so-called controversy: “A technicality which everybody does took away from the beauty of the moment.”
It really isn’t a big deal that Beyoncé used a pre-recorded track. But the performance has become a conversational piece because many thought she was showboating. Beyoncé ripped out her ear piece during the performance as if she was really singing live.
To some that was a bit much to say she was lipsyncing. Whitney Houston arguably sang the best rendition of the National anthem and she lipsynced as well. But she didn’t try to show boat. That’s where Beyoncé went wrong.
More from Rucuss
- Beyoncé Lip-Synced the Star-Spangled Banner, Kelly Clarkson Sang Live [Details]
- Beyoncé Laughes Off Singing Live at Super Bowl, Releases Rehearsal Video
- Beyoncé Leaves Make-Up, Weave & Jewelry Behind For Super Bowl Rehearsals [Photos]
- Beyonce Sings National Anthem Live During Super Bowl Press Conference [Video]
- New York Restaurant Offers Beyonce-Themed Valentine’s Day Menu [Details]
- Seven Unflattering Photos Beyonce Demanded to be Removed From Internet [Photos]