Beyonce Booed at V Festival in England [Details]
Rucuss staffAugust 19, 2013
Beyonce hit the stage at the V Festival to a chorus of boos and jeers over the weekend.
The crowd was upset because Beyonce took the stage 20 minutes late at Hylands Park in Chelmsford, England. According to WENN, thousands of concertgoers waited in the rain and wind for Beyonce. When she finally made it onstage and kicked off her set with Run the World (Girls) she was booed.
Beyonce made sure she thanked the crowd for patiently waiting. She said, “Thank you all so much for waiting in the rain … Now let’s have some fun in the rain. It feels good doesn’t it.”
But being 20 minutes late wasn’t Beyonce’s only issue. One concertgoer told U.K.’s Metro that some of the crowd left halfway through the set because the sound was off. And to make matters worse, the V Festival was simulcast live on television but Beyonce’s set was mysteriously blacked out.
Beyonce allegedly didn’t give Channel 4 broadcasting rights, according to NME. Viewers expected to see highlights from her show, but hosts Edith Bowman and Steve Jones hinted that the 31-year-old refused to give them clearance.
Photos via Mirror.co.uk and theage.com.au
More from Rucuss
- Kanye West Talks About Clinton, Calls Out Beyoncé & Jay Z at ‘Saint Pablo Tour’ [Video]
- Beyonce Drops Surprise Album On iTunes, Sells 80,000 Copies In Three Hours
- Rihanna Silences Beyoncé Feud Rumors [Details]
- Newspaper Calls Beyonce A ‘Whore’ For Grammy Performance [Details]
- Mariah Carey Has Wardrobe Malfunction, Lets Curse Word Slip [Video]
- Jay-Z Talks Cuban Trip & Decision To Sell Brooklyn Nets in ‘Open Letter’ [Audio]