Beyonce and Jay-Z Raise $4 Million at President Obama Fundraiser [Photos]
Rucuss staffSeptember 19, 2012
Beyoncé and Jay-Z hosted a fundraiser for President Barack Obama’s re-election campaign that raised plenty of money.
Bey and Jay’s fundraiser reportedly raised close to $4 million at the 40/40 club in New York City on September 18. One hundred guests were in attendance for the dinner, which cost $40,000 a plate. There was a tower of 350 $800 Champagne bottles by Armand de Brignac, which is Jay-Z’s favorite for the guests to enjoy.
While introducing Obama to the guests, Beyoncé said, “I can’t tell you how proud we are to host tonight’s event with President Obama … we believe in his vision.”
President Obama returned the high praise for Bey and Jay at the event. The President joked that he in Jay had a lot in common.
“Jay-Z now knows, you know, what my life is like,” he said. “We both have daughters. And our wives are more popular than we are … So we’ve got a little bond there. It’s hard, but it’s OK.”
He said his wife Michelle and his daughters Malia and Sasha were mad at him because they could not make it to the fundraiser on a school night. Obama thanked both stars for their generosity toward his children and singled out Beyoncé for being a good example to the girls.
“Beyoncé could not be a better role model for our daughters because she carries herself with such class and poise,” he said. “And has so much talent.”
Check out a few photos below.
More from Rucuss
- Jay Z Buys Ace of Spades Champagne [Details]
- Beyonce Returns to Stage After Giving Birth at Revel With Michelle Obama in Attendance [Photos/Video]
- President Obama: ‘I’ve Got 99 Problems and Now Jay-Z is One’
- Beyonce Sings National Anthem at 2013 Inauguration [Photos/Video]
- Beyonce And Jay Z Open Grammys With ‘Drunk In Love’ [Video]
- Joey BadA$$ Says He’s Sorry For Sharing Malia Obama’s Selfie [Details]