Beyoncé and Jay Z Purchase New Orleans Mansion [Details]
Rucuss staffMay 10, 2015
Beyoncé and Jay Z have expanded their real estate to New Orleans.
E! Online reports the celebrity couple has purchased a historic church-turned-mansion in New Orleans’ Garden District. The Carters paid $2.6 million for the mansion that features 13,292 square feet, 26-foot high ceilings, and three separate apartments.
The Spanish Baroque, named La Casa de Castile, was home to the Westminster Presbyterian Church and later served as a ballet studio.
The three-story mansion has 22 rooms that include seven bedrooms and eight bathrooms. The red master suite features chandeliers and an antique claw-foot bathtub, while the rooftop deck boasts the largest residential green roof in the entire city.
The Carters, who will more than likely use the pad as a vacation home, will be close to Bey’s sister Solange. She lives in the city with her husband Alan Ferguson and son Daniel Julez.
This purchase comes after the couple sold their Tribeca condo in New York City and made a move to Los Angeles. Check out a few photos of the mansion below.
Photos via Eonline, Zillow and Rap Up
More from Rucuss
- Beyonce, Jay Z Give Blue Ivy A Princess-Themed Birthday Party [Photos]
- Jay Z And Beyonce ‘On The Run’ Tour Trailer
- Beyoncé, Jay Z, & Solange Speak Out After Incident: ‘We’ve Put This Behind Us’
- Solange Attacks Jay Z in Elevator, Both Get Clowned For It [Details]
- Beyonce, Jay-Z, Amber Rose, Wiz Khalifa, Miguel & More at Made in America Fest [Photos]
- Beyonce Files Trademark For Two Names After Twins’ Birth [Details]