“The Best Man” Sequel is Coming Soon
Rucuss staffOctober 11, 2011
It’s been 12 years since the movie “Best Man” hit theaters.
The wedding comedy grossed $35 million in 1999. Now, Hollywood films hopes for that same success with a sequel. Universal Pictures has officially signed on to be the studio home of the Best Man 2.
According to Deadline Hollywood, Malcolm Lee will return as the director of the sequel. He’s working on locking down the original cast, which included Morris Chestnut, Taye Diggs, Nia Long, Sanaa Lathan, Monica Moore, Monica Calhoun and Terrence Howard.
Lee wrote and directed the first movie, which centers around writer Harper Stewart (Taye Diggs). He’s preparing to be the best man of his football player buddy Lance Sullivan (Morris Chestnut), but the timing is all wrong because his autobiographical novel is about to be released. The novel describes how Stewart slept with Sullivan’s bride Mia Morgan (Monica Calhoun) in college.
Wonder what kind of twists and turns the sequel will have? Can’t wait for the new movie, hope it lives up to the hype.
Check out pictures from the reunion.
More from Rucuss
- Must-See: The Best Man Holiday Extended Trailer [Video]
- Terrence Howard Says His Love Scenes With Oprah Were Wonderful! [Video]
- 50 Cent to Host BET Late Night Variety Show, Other Shows Added [Details]
- Lance Gross And Rebecca Jefferson Get Married In Beverly Hills
- Author Kola Boof’s Biopic Coming to Theaters! [Details]
- Mya, Wale, Kevin Durant, Draya & More Party at the ToXic Day Party in Hollywood [Photos]