Beanie Sigel Arrested on Guns and Drugs Charges [Details]
Rucuss staffAugust 29, 2012
Rapper Beanie Siegel was arrested for possession of guns and drugs two weeks before he’s to report to federal prison for failure to pay taxes.
Siegel, whose real name is Dwight E. Grant, was arrested following a traffic stop on Wednesday morning. He was the passenger in a Ford Fusion that was stopped by police because the vehicle was following another car too closely and swerving out of its lane of travel, 6ABCnews reports.
Police searched both men. The cops found approximately $4,650 cash on Siegel, a bottle of codeine syrup with a scratched off label, and several prescription pills wrapped in plastic bags located in a cigarette pack.
The driver of the car, Gerald Andrews, had several prescription bottles and a small amount of marijuana in his possession. A firearm was also found in the center console.
Grant, 38, was arraigned today and ordered to be held on $300,000 cash bail. He was due to report to prison on September 12 after being sentenced on tax evasion charges last month. Grant earned more than $2.2 million in income, on which he paid only $10,000 in tax. The IRS claims Grant still owes a total of $728,536 in taxes for those years.
More from Rucuss
- Beanie Sigel Shot in New Jersey [Details]
- Beanie Sigel Sentenced To Prison For Drug Possession! [Details]
- Soulja Boy Flaunts His Codeine Addiction, Gets Ripped By Fans [Photos]
- Soulja Boy Arrested, Caught with $70,000 in Marijuana and Firearms
- Desiigner Drug Charge Based On False Information [Details]
- Beanie Sigel Goes Off on Charlamagne Tha God Over Meek Mill Diss [Details]