Basketball Wives Producers Want Vanessa Bryant to Join The LA Show
Rucuss staffJanuary 23, 2012
The Basketball Wives franchise wants to add another wife to its cast.
Executive producers behind the hit VH1 series are putting together a lucrative package to lure Kobe Bryant’s estrange wife Vanessa Bryant on the show. The offer will reportedly be so good that Vanessa won’t refuse, TMZ reports.
According to TMZ:
Multiple sources close to the production tell us, producers are putting together “an extremely lucrative pitch for Vanessa” … for her to become a recurring character.
As one source put it, “Vanessa has more than enough storyline and would bring the show to another level.”
As for the timing — we’re told producers never dreamed of approaching Vanessa while she was married to Kobe … and our sources say Vanessa would NOT have been receptive.
Budget constraints were also an issue when the show was in its infant stages — because producers knew Vanessa would be very expensive — but now that BW’s one of the highest rated shows on the network, producers have lots more to spend on talent.
If Vanessa accepts, we’re told producers would instantly make her a LEAD on the LA edition of the show.
There’s no guarantee Vanessa will do the show. Money shouldn’t be a problem for her, after all estimates suggest she will reportedly receive $75 million in the divorce. But if she wants to get back at Kobe she may do it.
We’re sure Kobe’s hoping she passes on the show.
More from Rucuss
- Basketball Wives LA: Draya Says She Didn’t Expect to Be Center of Attention
- Vanessa Bryant’s Ex-Stepfather Says She’s a Gold Digger Like Her Mother
- Kobe Bryant’s Wife Vanessa Says He Cheated Too Much, Files For Divorce
- Kobe and Vanessa Bryant’s Divorce Put On Hold [Details]
- Gabrielle Union, LaLa Anthony, Trina, Letoya Luckett & More Party at Olympics [Photos]
- Fling Alert! Is Kobe Bryant Hooking Up with Australian Swimmer Stephanie Rice?