Basketball Wives Stars Boycotting Reunion Show Over Lawsuit [Details]
Rucuss staffApril 19, 2012
Things are getting down right ugly amongst some cast members of VH1’s Basketball Wives.
Jennifer Williams is suing costar Evelyn Lozada’s personal assistant Nia Crooks for assault and battery after she slapped her across the face during an altercation that took place during filming of the show January 21. Williams officially filed the civil complaint on Wednesday sighting Crooks was “negligent, reckless and careless.”
According to court papers, Williams sustained “serious injuries” and “suffered pain, shock [and] mental anguish” after being slapped by Crooks as the cast and VH1 crew members tried to break up the fight. She’s seeking unspecified monetary and punitive damages from Crooks.
Several stars of the hit VH1 show are not happy with the lawsuit against Crooks and they are now refusing to tape the reunion show next month if Williams is in attendance, TMZ reports. A source told the website that some of the cast members are convinced that Jennifer’s lawsuit was filed out of spite and desperation to keep drama going to secure a spot on the show next season.
A source told TMZ they are not buying Williams’ claim of emotional distress after the slap incident. The source claims Williams never missed a day of shooting. In the contract signed by the costars it specifically states, “Participant expressly assumes the risk of any physical or emotional injuries participant may suffer as a result of participant’s participation in the project.”
If you missed the slap incident, check it out below.
More from Rucuss
- Shaunie O’Neal Releases Statement About Violence On Basketball Wives This Season
- Basketball Wives: Jennifer Williams, Royce Reed & Kesha Nichols Will Not Be Returning
- Say What! Basketball Wives Producers Plan to Sue Jennifer Williams
- Basketball Wives Films Season 4 Reunion Without Any Violence [Photos]
- Basketball Wives LA: Tanya Williams Will Not Be Back for Season 2
- Basketball Wives: Jennifer Williams Is Not Invited to Evelyn Lozada’s Wedding