Basketball Wives Star Gloria Govan Secretly Marries NBA star Matt Barnes In Las Vegas [Details]
Rucuss staffSeptember 25, 2012
Basketball Wives star Gloria Govan and Los Angeles Clippers star Matt Barnes have officially tied the knot.
Govan and Barnes didn’t have a huge wedding, but instead did a quick ceremony in Las Vegas. According to The Las Vegas Review-Journal, Govan and Barnes got married at the historic Little Church of The West. Barnes’ teammate and friend DeAndre Jordan served as the best man. NBA stars Chris Paul, Blake Griffin and Gilbert Arenas were reportedly present for the marriage ceremony.
The couple, who share twin boys, were in Las Vegas to celebrate Govan sister’s Laura Govan’s birthday on Saturday. While there they decided to get married on Sunday. The newlyweds were spotted at the marriage bureau to apply for a marriage license on Monday.
Gloria hinted in an interview with Joy Daily that she didn’t want a large wedding.
“Marriage isn’t necessarily a huge priority for me,” Gloria said to Joy Daily. “Matt and I are working on our relationship in terms of being parents first and foremost, being friends secondly and like I said, we had so much growth, we have to get to know each other. I know it’s in the future, it’s just not tomorrow. I think when it happens, everyone will be surprised because I don’t think we will make a big deal out of it.”
Gloria and Matt probably had a change in heart over the ceremony because of what transpired two years ago. The couple planned a star-studded wedding that left guests shocked after they received a text message during the final hours leading up to the wedding that it was cancelled.
More from Rucuss
- Gloria Govan and Matt Barnes Renew Vows, Walks Down The Aisle To Tupac’s ‘All Eyes On Me’ [Photos]
- Chris Paul, Blake Griffin, Matt Barnes & More Wear Ugly Christmas Sweaters to Game [Photos]
- Basketball Wives LA: Gloria Govan Says She’s Not Suprised About Firings [Details]
- Basketball Wives: Gloria Govan Talks About Split from Matt Barnes
- NBA Player Blake Griffin Responds to Serge Ibaka Groin Hit With Funny Tweet! [Details]
- Gotcha! Eva Longoria Picks Up Matt Barnes From LAX [Photos]