Basketball Wives: Kenya Bell Signs Record Deal! [Details]
Rucuss staffNovember 13, 2012
Basketball Wives Miami star Kenya Bell has signed a distribution deal with Bungalo Records.
Bungalo Records, which is under the direction of Universal Music Group, will distribute music for Kenya’s label C3K Records. Kenya’s first single under the distribution deal, Hate Me, will be released worldwide on December 11th.
The Jazze Pha produced track will be available on iTunes following the release date. Her debut album will be released in 2013.
“I am excited to work with Bungalo Records on this distribution deal and can’t wait for the world to hear my music,” Kenya Bell said in a press release. “It has been a lifelong dream to record an album and share my passion of singing with the world.”
The former Miss Michigan USA burst onto the scene during season four of the popular VH1 reality show. Cameras followed Kenya during her journey as an up-and-coming recording artist. She hardly got any support from the other Wives. Many of the cast made fun of her age, dance and singing skills.
Well, Kenya gets the last laugh. She’s crossed a huge barrier with a distribution deal. Hopefully, her music is good enough to be successful.
Watch old footage of Bell performing below.
More from Rucuss
- Basketball Wives: Kenya Bell & Kesha Ni’cole Nichols Join Miami Cast
- Basketball Wives: New Cast Member Kenya Bell Thinks She’s Beyonce [Video]
- Basketball Wives Miami Season 4 Trailer Released, Jennifer Gets B-tched Slapped! [Video]
- Basketball Wives Star Kenya Bell Becomes Video Chick, Throws Shade on Castmates [Video]
- Prince’s Estate Rejects Jay Z’s Bid for Unreleased Music Catalog [Details]
- Jas Prince Sues Cash Money Over Drake Earnings [Details]