Basketball Wives: Evelyn Lozada Signs Deal With Cash Money To Develop Books And Film Projects
Rucuss staffNovember 4, 2011
Evelyn Lozada, the author.
Soon, the Basketball Wives star will have books on the shelves at your nearest bookstore. Lozada has signed a six-figure deal to develop books and films with Cash Money Content, a book publishing division of the record label Cash Money Records, The Hollywood Reporter reports. Cash Money, who is widely known for artists Lil Wayne, Drake and Nicki Minaj, has a publishing division.
Lozada, who co-owns Dulce shoe boutique in Coral Gables, Florida, will co-author a series of books called “The Wives Association” with former Law & Order: Criminal Intent writer Courtney Parker. The books will be loosely based on her life and what she’s learned dating professional athletes. The main character will be her alter ego Eve Inez-Landon.
“The stories that you hear—what goes on in these relationships, and just being in that circle—I decided to let everyone experience a piece of it for themselves by writing this series of juicy novels,” Lozada said. “By partnering with Baby and Cash Money Content, we have the potential to turn these ‘novels’ into a full-fledged brand. “Everything Baby and CMC touches turns to gold, and our brands together will be magical.”
Cash Money added its publishing division in February in partnership with Atria Books. Cash Money content books include “Justify My Thug“ by Wahida Clark and “Pimp: The Story of My Life” by Iceberg Slim.
More from Rucuss
- Basketball Wives: Evelyn Lozada Lands Her Own Spin-Off Show
- Kodak Black: ‘Lil Wayne Can Eat My Ass’ [Details]
- Nicki Minaj is the New Face of Pepsi, Signs Multi-Million Dollar Deal!
- Basketball Wives: Ochocinco Showers Evelyn with Gifts For Her Birthday [Photos]
- Miami Hotels Reject Evelyn Lozada and Chad Ochocinco’s Wedding [Details]
- Safaree Samuels To Reportedly Sue Nicki Minaj