Basketball Wives: Evelyn Lozada Lands Her Own Spin-Off Show
Rucuss staffNovember 27, 2011
Evelyn Lozada is making big moves over at VH1.
According to TMZ, the reality star has inked a deal for a spin-off show. Lozada, who announced she would not return to Basketball Wives earlier in the year, will indeed return for a fourth season. VH1 enticed to come back with a hefty raise and her own show that will also star her fiance Chad Ochocinco.
Evelyn had made up her mind that she was done with the show for good after VH1 posted a blog insinuating she cheated on her husband, NFL star Chad Ochocinco.
Once Evelyn let producers know she was out, that’s when we’re told they really made a push to keep her.
According to our sources, her new arrangement with the show has her shooting about half as often (but with a raise) and that she can work around her daughter’s school schedule. We’re also told Evelyn has made it clear … she will not miss any of Chad’s games.
But according to our sources, the final carrot that sealed the deal … was that VH1 promised to spin-off Evelyn and Chad into their own show. We’re told that show would document the months leading up to their wedding … but so far no deal to shoot the wedding has been made.
Things are looking up for Lozada who signed a six-figure deal to develop books and films with Cash Money Content, a book publishing division of the record label Cash Money Records earlier this month. She will co-author a series of books called “The Wives Association” with former Law & Order: Criminal Intent writer Courtney Parker. The books will be loosely based on her life and what she’s learned dating professional athletes.
More from Rucuss
- Basketball Wives: Evelyn Lozada Signs Deal With Cash Money To Develop Books And Film Projects
- Chad Ochocinco and Evelyn Lozada Score Huge Paydays For Spinoff Show [Details]
- NFL Player Chad Ochocinco Marries Evelyn Lozada, Tweets During Wedding [Photos]
- Evelyn Lozada Calls Chad Johnson a ‘Tweet Stalker!’ [Details]
- Evelyn Lozada Has Second Thoughts About Her Behavior, Misses Jennifer Williams
- Evelyn Lozada Done With Basketball Wives, Wants Her Own Show