Azealia Banks Blasts Nicki Minaj Over Cultural Appropriation Comments
Rucuss staffOctober 8, 2015
Azealia Banks isn’t feeling Nicki Minaj’s beef with Miley Cyrus.
Banks has been a spectator of the feud while both stars have voiced their opinions about the celebrity nominations of the MTV Video Music Awards nominations.
But Banks couldn’t hold her tongue after Minaj voiced her opinions about Cyrus during her interview with The New York Times Magazine. The Harlem rapper actually made some good points during her rant on social media.
If you missed it, Minaj explained why she blasted Cyrus while accepting her MTV VMA awards last month.
‘‘The fact that you [Miley] feel upset about me speaking on something that affects black women makes me feel like you have some big balls,’ Minaj told The New York Times Magazine. You’re in videos with black men, and you’re bringing out black women on your stages, but you don’t want to know how black women feel about something that’s so important? Come on, you can’t want the good without the bad. If you want to enjoy our culture and our lifestyle, bond with us, dance with us, have fun with us, twerk with us, rap with us, then you should also want to know what affects us, what is bothering us, what we feel is unfair to us. You shouldn’t not want to know that.’’
Well, it didn’t take long for Banks to remind Minaj that her body is allegedly enhanced and she was once a skinny woman. Read her rant from the bottom up below.
While most people are annoyed with Banks relentless rants and bickering with stars, some believe she makes valid points.
More from Rucuss
- Nicki Minaj Blasts PARTYNEXTDOOR Over Ghostwriting Insinuations [Details]
- Nicki Minaj, Trey Songz Trade Words Over Remy Ma’s Diss Song ‘ShETHER’
- Remy Ma Drops Nicki Minaj Diss Track, Minaj Responds
- Nicki Minaj Calls Out Miley Cyrus at VMAs [Details]
- K. Michelle, Azealia Banks Trade Insults After Canceling Tour [Details]
- Azealia Banks Calls Out Rita Ora On Twitter, Says She’s ‘Rihanna’s Understudy’! [Details]