Artist Creates Perfume Out of Urine
Rucuss staffSeptember 11, 2011
Sometimes, ideas don’t need to be shared with the public.
But a few always fall between the cracks. Conceptual artist Cherry Tree’s idea is one of them.
For the last five years, Tree has turned her own urine into perfume. Yes, you read that correctly. Tree has turned her urine into PERFUME! The first batch didn’t turn out so great but she’s still hard at work to make the perfect scent.
Tree told AOL Weirdnews, “I am very much into recycling,” Tree, born Charity Blansit said. “And urine is something I’ve thought needs to be recycled, since it’s something that gets eliminated.”
Apparently Tree had been collecting her own urine after every full moon until she decided to share her idea with the public in 2006.
She told AOL Weirdnews “I was fascinated by how the smell changes depending on what you eat,” she said. “For instance, it smells really good after you eat a lot of honey and it smells terrible after eating chicken.” Read more
More from Rucuss
- Woman Drinks and Bathes In Her Own Urine! [Video]
- Versace Accused Of Discrimination, Using ‘Secret Code’ For Black Shoppers
- Shoe-icide: Christian Louboutin Spring/Summer/Resort 2013 [Photos]
- Show Review: Miu Miu Spring 2012
- Jersey Shore: JWoww Launches Perfume at Kmart
- 10 Beauty Mistakes that Turn Men & Women Off [Details]