Arrest Warrant Issued For Anita Baker! [Details]
Rucuss staffMarch 20, 2014
Anita Baker is reportedly a wanted woman in Detroit, Michigan.
A bench warrant has been issued for the arrest of Baker in a lawsuit that alleges she failed to pay more than $15,000 for work done on her home. The Grammy Award winner failed to appear at a creditor’s examination in Wayne County Circuit Court last September, Click On Detroit reports.
Baker was subpoenaed to be there, said attorney Dan Gerow, who is representing Ray A. Smith Painting & Decorating Inc. The company alleges Baker did not pay for carpentry, plastering and painting work done at her Grosse Pointe home in 2009.
A default judgment for $15,351.41 was entered against Baker in April 2011. Baker, who grew up in Detroit, is best known for her hits, Giving You the Best That I Got and Sweet Love.
Photos via voices.suntimes.com and BET.com
More from Rucuss
- Tiny Wants T.I. to ‘Come Back’ [Details]
- Tyga Issued Arrest Warrant for Not Showing Up to Court [Details]
- Lil Twist Sentenced to 1 Year in Jail for Assault [Details]
- Mary J. Blige Claims Estranged Husband Won’t Return Cars and Grammy
- Will Mandeecees Harris Accept Plea Deal in Molestation Case? [Details]
- Yandy’s Boyfriend Mandeecees Harris Charged With Molesting a 15-Year Old! [Details]