Aretha Franklin Performs Just Hours After Backing Out of Whitney Houston’s Funeral
Rucuss staffFebruary 19, 2012
Aretha Franklin may not have been ill after all.
Franklin performed at a concert only hours after she backed out of her scheduled appearance at Whitney Houston’s funeral. Franklin made her appearance at the Radio City Music Hall, which caused criticism because she didn’t perform at her god daughter’s funeral.
Franklin claimed she had been suffering from intense leg spasms. She felt she had to rest up in order to make her concert, rather than travel for the Houston funeral. The Queen of Soul appeared to look full of energy even kicking off her shoes to dance.
Franklin paid respects to Houston during her concert. She performed Houston’s ballad ‘I Will Always Love You.’ Franklin told the crowd Houston was “one of the best, greatest singers.”
She also took the time to express her feelings with a brief eulogy:
“I hope that there’s something I will sing, or I have sung, that will lift all of our heavy hearts today,” Franklin said. “My heart goes out to my dear friend Cissy, Dionne, Bobbi Kristina and the rest of the family. May God keep them all.”
Watch Franklin sing “I Will Always Love You’ below.
More from Rucuss
- Bobbi Kristina Allegedly Found Using Drugs After Whitney Houston’s Funeral [Details]
- Whitney Houston’s Funeral Program [Photos]
- Bobbi Kristina Wears Mismatched Heels To Event, Says She’s Pursuing Singing Career [Photos]
- Bobbi Kristina To Have Her Own Reality Show [Details]
- Whitney Houston’s Daughter Bobbi Kristina Evicted, Leaves Nasty Note to Neighbors [Details]
- Mike Epps Talks Feud With Daughter: “My Kid is Turning into Bobbi Kristina!” [Video]