Apple To Fund Cash Money Records Documentary [Details]
Rucuss staffAugust 17, 2016
Cash Money Records and Apple Music are reportedly teaming up.
Apple has agreed to fund a documentary about one of the world’s most successful hip-hop labels. Birdman announced the “power move” on his Instagram, posting a picture of himself with Apple Music head of content Larry Jackson, who confirmed the signing in an Instagram post of his own.
“Welcome to the fam @birdman5star,” Jackson wrote on Instagram, tagging the Cash Money mogul. “Tough negotiator. Much respeck.”
Earlier this year, Birdman revealed that a script was in the works for a Cash Money biopic, inspired by last year’s N.W.A blockbuster Straight Outta Compton.
“I think that Dr. Dre and Ice Cube…I think they are geniuses for what they have done and accomplished,” Birdman said. “For them to do that and to make it trend-setting, they opened doors for us. And I just think that what we have is way more special, because we’re in modern times.”
Birdman announced recently that he has two new projects on the way: his final solo album, Ms. Gladys, and another label compilation from his Rich Gang cohorts called The Lifestyle 2.
More from Rucuss
- Lil Wayne Wants Off Cash Money Records, Tyga & Pusha T Respond
- Birdman Responds to Rick Ross’ ‘Idols Become Rivals’ Diss Song
- Baby and Slim Are Developing a Cash Money Biopic
- Lil Wayne Reportedly To Sue Birdman For Release From Cash Money
- Birdman Throws Drink on Lil Wayne at Nightclub [Details]
- Jas Prince Sues Cash Money Over Drake Earnings [Details]