Apollo Nida Sentenced To Eight Years In Prison [Details]
Rucuss staffJuly 9, 2014
Real Housewives of Atlanta star Apollo Nida will not be returning next season.
No, Phaedra Parks’ husband will be behind bars. Apollo was sentenced to eight years in prison on Tuesday for conspiracy to commit bank fraud and wire transfer. U.S. District Court Judge Charles A. Pannell, Jr. also ordered Apollo to pay restitution to the victims of his offenses. He scheduled a separate hearing on July 17 to calculate the restitution amount.
Apollo allegedly participated in a four-year scheme that cost more than 50 victims $2.3 million. The 35-year old must voluntary surrender at a later date.
HLN reports Apollo’s mother Katrina Toohey and brother Michael Derrick were present for the sentencing, but Phaedra was not there.
“The government did what they had to do,” Nida said before getting on an elevator in the federal courthouse. When asked if he was unhappy about the sentence, he said, “Whatever the judge gave.”
Apollo’s attorney Thomas Bever said Apollo could possibly get out more than a year early for good behavior and be sent to a halfway house.
Just days before his sentence, Apollo begged for leniency. He made a plea to change his status from Criminal History Category V to Criminal History Category IV in hopes to reduce his sentence.
Apollo’s co-conspirator, Gayla St. Julien, was sentenced to five years after pleading guilty to conspiracy to commit mail, wire and bank fraud and aggravated identity theft. St. Julien claims she was Apollo’s “right hand bitch” from 2009-2013.
In 2009, Apollo was released from prison after serving five years for federal racketeering charges related to auto title theft. The reality star was on probation when he was indicted on embezzlement, aggravated identity theft, bank fraud and conspiracy back in January.
Phaedra has maintained her innocence despite both St. Julien and former friend Angela Stanton claiming she was involved. Stanton was present at Tuesday’s sentencing to “see justice served.”
Apollo and Phaedra have two children together.
More from Rucuss
- Say What: Is Phaedra Parks Under Investigation For Racketeering?!
- Apollo Nida Lashes Out Over Arrest, Reportedly Locked Out the House?! [Details]
- Apollo Nida Pleads Guilty to Conspiracy to Commit Mail, Wire and Bank Fraud
- Say What: Is Apollo Nida Begging Fans For Money?!
- Phaedra Parks’ Husband Apollo Nida Arrested for Bank Fraud & Identity Theft! [Details]
- Apollo Nida Reportedly Working On Plea Deal in Bank Fraud Case
- Apollo Nida Begs Judge To Postpone His Trial! [Details]
- Phaedra Parks Opens Up About Split With Apollo On ‘Ellen’ [Video]
- Apollo Nida Parties With Other Women On Valentine’s Day [Details]
- Real Housewives of Atlanta’s Phaedra Parks Pregnant With Second Child! [Details]