Angela Simmons Poses Nude For PETA
Rucuss staffSeptember 27, 2011
Pastry designer Angela Simmons posed nude for PETA to promote her vegetarian lifestyle.
Simmons is the latest celebrity to bare it all for a Peta Campaign. Khloe Kardashian-Odom, Taraji P. Henson and a slew of other celebs have taken it off for Peta.
Simmons spoke with Peta about why she decided to stand up for the “Eating Meat Is a Sin” cause.
“I really want people to know what happens to animals,” she said. “Animals have feelings and I think it’s important we take action. As a devout Christian, I feel it’s very important to show compassion for all of God’s creation—and adopting a vegetarian diet is the best way to keep innocent animals from suffering.”
Angela’s decision to become a vegetarian was influenced by her uncle Russell Simmons. She has vowed to be a full fledge vegan in a few years.
“I eat pretty well, I’m a vegetarian. Hopefully I’ll be a vegan in a couple of years, but I’m taking it one step at a time. My uncle inspired me to become a vegetarian, a vegan, when I was young. He had me watch this video, I can’t remember the name of it, but I was only about 12 or 13 and he gave it to our family. No one else watched it except me.”
“At that age, I tried to be a vegetarian and I couldn’t do it because I was in a family that ate so much meat. But I finally made the change and it’s been like a year and a half now and I’m pretty proud of myself. I’m feeling good and I do work out a lot.”
Check out the photo shoot below.
More from Rucuss
- Tia Mowry-Hardrict Gets Wrapped In Lettuce For PETA [Photos/Video]
- Chaka Khan Brings Wendy Williams To Tears On Talk Show [Video]
- Chris Brown Comes Under Fire for Dog Breeding Business [Details]
- Evander Holyfield’s Daughter Talks About Being a 27-Year Old Virgin [Details]
- Beyonce Hires a Live-In Trainer To Whip Her Back Into Shape
- Jay-Z and Pregnant Wife Beyonce Are On A Vegan Diet