Andre 3000 Mother Found Dead in Her Georgia Home [Details]
Rucuss staffMay 29, 2013
Andre ‘3000’ Benjamin’s mother died in her sleep on Tuesday in her Rex, Ga., home.
Andre’s mother Sharon Benjamin-Hodo was 58. No details have been provided as to the cause of death, but she died a day after Andre’s 38th birthday.
Benjamin-Hodo, who once sold real estate while raising her only child Andre, was also a humanitarian. She founded Camp Starlight, which is a program that supports underprivileged children. It’s a summer camp program that had been rated the “best affordable summer camp” in Clayton County.
Camp Starlight, which offers academics, creativity, and weekly trips for kids ages 5 to 16, operated through the New Morning Light Baptist Church in Conley, Ga., where her husband Pastor Robert Hodo preaches.
In lieu of flowers, continued support of Camp Starlight is appreciated by the family.
More from Rucuss
- Big Boi Tells Estranged Wife to Get a Job, Wants Joint Custody Of Son
- Outkast Reunites On Stage At Coachella [Video]
- Whitney Houston’s Funeral Program [Photos]
- Get Your First Look at Andre 3000 as Jimi Hendrix in New Biopic [Photos]
- Bobby Brown Broke Funeral Seating Agreement [Details]
- Bobby Brown Leaves Whitney Houston’s Funeral After Entourage Couldn’t Be Seated