Amy Winehouse Died From Accidental Alcohol Poisoning
Rucuss staffOctober 26, 2011
Drugs were not a factor in the death of singer Amy Winehouse.
On Wednesday, British coroner Suzanne Greenaway ruled that Winehouse died of the consumption of drinking too much alcohol. The singer drank fatal levels of alcohol the night she died, which caused the accidental alcohol poisoning.
An initial autopsy report by Pathologist Suhail Baithun revealed that the level of alcohol in her blood was more than five times over the legal drunk-driving limit. There were no traces of illegal drugs in her system.
Winehouse was found dead in bed at her London hom on July 23. The singer, who fought drug and alcohol problems for years, was 27.
More from Rucuss
- Read World Star Joey Kovar Dead at 29
- Copywriter Tweets About Working 30 Hours Straight, Dies the Next Day!
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Denies Beating Josie Harris, She Responds [Details]
- 12 Reasons Why You Should Have a Drink
- Terrence Howard Leaves Death Threat Voicemail
- Cee-Lo Green Pleads No Contest to Putting Ecstasy In a Woman’s Drink