American Eagle’s New Ad Campaign Promises Only Real Women As Models
Rucuss staffJanuary 22, 2014
American Eagle’s sister store for lingerie, Aerie, has launched a Spring 2014 ad campaign featuring all unairbrushed models.
Aerie announced that the ads are “challenging supermodel standards by featuring unretouched models in their latest collection of bras, undies and apparel.” The purpose of this ad campaign is to appeal more to girls of all different sizes, specifically when it comes to bras and underwear.
The company’s new bra guide not only offers girls help from specialists in stores, but it allows them to choose from photos of models that are potentially similar in size when making online purchases.
Aerie also posted this special message to its site to explain the new changes to the models that customers have grown accustomed to.
More from Rucuss
- Rihanna Is the New Face Of Balmain Spring Campaign
- Michelle Obama Covers Vogue, President Obama Admits She Upgraded Him [Photos]
- Versace Accused Of Discrimination, Using ‘Secret Code’ For Black Shoppers
- American Apparel Hires A 62-Year-Old Lingerie Model [Photos]
- American Apparel Menstruation T-Shirt Receives Backlash [Details]
- Gap Pulls Ad Called ‘Racist’ And Apologizes, Kids Mom Responds