American Apparel Menstruation T-Shirt Receives Backlash [Details]
Rucuss staffOctober 8, 2013
Women’s groups are outraged by American Apparel’s latest ‘Period’ shirt.
The T-shirt features a drawing by artist Petra Collins of a woman masturbating while her vagina is leaking blood. American Apparel describes the shirt as a, “self-pleasing artwork” — on its popular Power Washed Tee. The shirt is on sale for $32 at American Apparel’s online store under: “The Ardorous X American Apparel Period Power Washed Tee.”
The shirt is available in one color: white, and it comes in women’s and men’s sizes.
Petra Collins curates The Ardorous, an “all-female online art platform” that sells a similarly expressive ‘wet tee,’ among other designs, at American Apparel exclusively.
Half of the proceeds from sales of the shirts goes to The Ardorous. Would you wear this shirt?
Photos via Huffington Post and American Apparel
More from Rucuss
- American Apparel Hires A 62-Year-Old Lingerie Model [Photos]
- Versace Accused Of Discrimination, Using ‘Secret Code’ For Black Shoppers
- Ladies Golf Apparel: Some Great Looks On The Course This Spring
- Say What: There’s Actually a T-Shirt That Costs $91,500! [Photos]
- American Eagle’s New Ad Campaign Promises Only Real Women As Models
- Woman Turns Her Nails Into Actual Works Of Art [Photos]