Amar’e Stoudemire Shows Off Left Hand Injury [Photo]
Rucuss staffMay 4, 2012
New York Knicks center Amar’e Stoudemire is trying to move past his dumb, emotional self-inflicted wound.
But as the Knicks are down 3-0 against the Miami Heat in the first round playoff series, many are still upset with his actions. Many believe it was a stupid move by Stoudemire to punch a fire-extinguisher after the Knick’s took a 104-94 loss in Game 2.
Stoudemire punched a glass encasement of a fire extinguisher and suffered a laceration to his left hand. He was treated by paramedics after the game, received stitches and left the arena with his hand heavily bandaged and in a sling.
Stoudemire did not speak to reporters after the game, but he wrote on Twitter: “I am so mad at myself right now, I want to apologize to the fans and my team, not proud of my actions, headed home for a new start.”
He added: “We all have done thing out of anger that we regret. That makes us human. Bad timing on my part. Sorry guys. This to shall pass.”
Now, Stoudemire is ready to show the world his injury. He posted a photo on Twitter of the wound.
Stoudemire wants to play in Game 4. He was spotted on the practice court running, shooting, and dunking on Friday. We wonder will he be able to keep his emotions in check after the Heat sweep the Knicks on Sunday? Hmm.
More from Rucuss
- Amar’e Stoudemire Buys $3.7 Million Mansion [Photos]
- NBA Player Amar’e Stoudemire Weds Alexis Welch On 12.12.12 [Photos]
- New York Knicks’ Jeremy Lin Moves Into Trump Towers [Photos]
- Amar’e Stoudemire Proposes to Girlfriend, Gives Her Million Dollar Ring [Photos]
- NBA Fines Amar’e Stoudemire $50,000 For Gay Slur Used On Twitter
- Amar’e Stoudemire & Fabolous Host Joint Birthday Bash [Photos]