Afeni Shakur Reacts To Tupac’s Hologram Performance at Coachella, Says It Was Dr. Dre’s Vision [Details]
Rucuss staffApril 16, 2012
Snoop Dogg and Dr. Dre had fans in disbelief during their performance at Coachella Sunday night.
The crowd of close to 100,000 was shocked when they saw Tupac perform some of his greatest hits on stage via a hologram. The crowd seemed to love every minute of his perform of Hail Mary and 2 of Amerikaz Most Wanted.
Now Tupac’s mother Afeni Shakur gives her opinion on the show. A rep told TMZ, Afeni was thrilled to see her son’s likeness walk back and forth rapping with Snoop and Dr. Dre. She wasn’t in attendance for the performance but she did watch it live via YouTube.
Dr. Dre asked Afeni for approval to incorporate Pac into his performance. And as a thank you, Dre made a donation to the rapper’s charity, The Tupac Amaru Shakur Foundation.
The hologram of Tupac was planned several months in advance and took nearly four months to create in a studio. Dre reached out to AV Concepts to create the hollogram.
“We worked with Dr. Dre on this and it was Dre’s vision to bring this back to life,” said Nick Smith, president of AV Concepts. “It was his idea from the very beginning and we worked with him and his camp to utilize the technology to make it come to life.”
Smith wouldn’t reveal how much Dre paid for the hologram, but he did admit that it would cost around $100,000 to $400,000 to produce a figure like Pac.
If you missed the performance, watch it below.
More from Rucuss
- Snoop Dogg Resurrects Tupac Via Hologram, Both Perform Live at Coachella! [Video]
- Tupac Look-Alike Steals Show At Boston Celtics Game [Video]
- Tupac Shakur Rare Memorabilia Up for Auction [Details]
- James “Jimmy Henchman” Rosemond Sentenced To Life In Prison [Details]
- Suge Knight is Not Convinced Tupac is Dead! [Details]
- Kelly Rowland to Publish First Book ‘Whoa, Baby!’ [Details]