Adrien Broner Suspended By WBC For ‘F*ck Mexican’ Interview [Details]
Rucuss staffMay 8, 2014
Adrien Broner’s racially insensitive rant after his win over Carlos Molina got him suspended from the World Boxing Council.
The WBC announced its decision on Wednesday, a little less than a week after Broner called himself the “can man” and stated that he “beat the f— out of a MexiCAN.”
The WBC responded Wednesday by issuing the following statement:
Adrien Broner , former WBC lightweight champion has offended many persons of the world with his words during the interview after the fight vs Molina .
The World Boxing Council holds human equality as its banner and will not accept a former WBC champion to make racially offensive statements.
Since words have different meanings and can be interpreted in different ways , the WBC is issuing this open letter to Adrien Broner to either clarify what he meant with his words or to issue a public apology if those words were intended to be despective and offensive .
Adrien Broner is hereby suspended from participating in any WBC sanctioned Championship and will be excluded from the WBC Ratings until the time he makes a public apology satisfactorily to the public of the world .
Boxing is a great sport , it is a world sport and boxers are honorable and exemplary members of the community . FairPlay and human equality must always be upheld.
If you missed Broner’s comments, watch them below.
More from Rucuss
- Adrien Broner Spends $750k On Jewelry Shopping Spree [Details]
- Boxer Adrien Broner Flushes $20 Bills Down the Toilet! [Video]
- Adrien Broner Drops $15k in Strip Club, Allegedly Gives Stripper Oral Sex on Stage! [Video]
- Adrien Broner TKO’s Ashley Theophane, Calls Out Floyd Mayeather
- Adrien Broner Explains Why He Dissed Jay Z & Rejected Roc Nation’s Offer
- Roger Mayweather on Adrien Broner: ‘He Ain’t No Motherf*cking Floyd Mayweather!’ [Video]