Not A Good Look: Julianne Hough Goes Blackface For Halloween!
Rucuss staffOctober 27, 2013
Actress Julianne Hough made a bad judgement call with her Halloween costume.
The Dancing With the Stars alum was photographed at a Halloween party in blackface. She wore a prison jumpsuit, impersonating the character “Crazy Eyes” from the Netflix series Orange Is the New Black.
Many were unfamiliar with the character so they assumed she was just dressed as a blackface prisoner. And of course the reaction to her costume was not good.
After receiving plenty of backlash, she issued an apology on Twitter. She posted,”I am a huge fan of the show Orange is the New black, actress Uzo Aduba, and the character she has created. It certainly was never my intention to be disrespectful or demeaning to anyone in any way. I realize my costume hurt and offended people and I truly apologize.”
It’s doubtful that Hough deliberately tried to offend blacks and other in general, but she should have known better. And the Crazy Eyes character wears a khaki jail suit, not an orange one.
Hey Julianne, stick to the sexy catsuits or nurse costumes! Watch footage from Orange Is the New Black below.
Photo via Gawker, Thewrap.com, TVGuide.com and TheDailyMail.co.uk
More from Rucuss
- Rihanna And Karrueche Tran Wear Same Costume For Halloween [Photos]
- Woman Plans To Hand Out Shaming Letters to Chubby Kids On Halloween [Details]
- White Magazine Editor Sparks Outrage by Sitting On ‘Black Woman Chair’ [Photo]
- Say What: White Model Poses as a African Queen in Fashion Editorial [Photos]
- Floyd Mayweather Jr., LeBron James, Kobe Bryant & More Athletes Dress Up For Halloween [Photos]
- WTF: Chris Brown, Rihanna Beating Reenacted in Pep Rally Skit