ABC Reports Scientific Breakdown Of Twerking, Black Twitter Reacts!
Rucuss staffAugust 29, 2013
Miley Cyrus’ jaw dropping performance at 2013 MTV Video Music Awards has brought national attention to the twerk craze.
The former Disney star left many in the audience with open mouths when she stripped to a nude bikini and twerked on Robin Thicke’s crotch while touching herself with a large foam finger. Now many are curious to know how exactly do you twerk.
In the black community, twerking has run its course. It is simply viewed as ‘booty poppin.’ But other races don’t seem to share the same views.
Just days after Cyrus’ awkward performance, ABC News reported on a Ph.D researcher’s scientific report on twerking. Michelle Olson, a professor of exercise science and a certified strength and conditioning coach at Auburn University in Montgomery, Ala., described twerking as a combination of movement involving a deep squat and a pelvic tilt.
Olson even broke down the process of how to “accurately” twerk.
“You take a wide stance with your legs turned out at 10 and 2 so your hips are externally rotated,” Olson explained. “Then you pulse up and down as you thrust the pelvis bone forward and back.”
Shortly, after the report went viral, Black Twitter reacted. The topic became so popular that hashtag #ABCReports became a trending topic. Take a look at some of the hilarious responses below.
More from Rucuss
- Miley Cyrus Fiance Liam Hemsworth ‘Mortified’ By VMAs Performance, Her Father Cancels Piers Morgan Interview [Details]
- Miley Cyrus VMA Performance Of ‘We Can’t Stop,’ Her 6 Freak-Nasty GIFs [Photos/Video]
- Funny FCC Complaints Over Miley Cyrus ‘Twerking’ At MTV Awards [Details]
- Paula Patton Twerks on Al Roker on The Today Show [Video]
- Miley Cyrus Wears Pasties During Performance At iHeartRadio Music Festival [Video]
- Miley Cyrus Talks About VMA Performance, Admits She’s ‘F**ked Up!’