A$AP Rocky Responds To Backlash Over Past Comments On Ferguson, Police Brutality
Rucuss staffJuly 17, 2016
A$AP Rocky found himself trending on Twitter for the wrong reasons.
The Harlem native wishes he could take back comments he made a year ago, but unfortunately he can’t. Rocky’s 2015 Time Out New York interview made its way on social media, and it received plenty of backlash. He talked about police brutality, social injustice, and Ferguson.
At the time, Rocky wasn’t interested in making political music, and had no connection to protests in Ferguson spawned by the shooting of Mike Brown. “I live in f*cking Soho and Beverly Hills, I can’t relate,” he said when asked if he ever felt he was being forced to address issues. Read the entire rant below.
Black Twitter let Rocky have it.
The 27-year-old rapper, who appeared in the call for racial justice PSA “23 Ways” that debuted earlier this week, tweeted a response to the backlash.
Rocky may want to take a few more minutes to think things through before he does a interview.
More from Rucuss
- Rihanna Caught Making the Walk of Shame From A$AP Rocky’s Hotel Room!
- 50 Cent Blasts A$AP Rocky For Hitting On Ex Holly, A$AP Responds
- A$AP Rocky Is the New Face of Dior Homme [Details]
- Chanel Iman Stops A$AP Rocky From Fighting Security At VMAs, Rides 2 Train to Show [Video]
- A$AP Rocky Sexuality Questioned After Photo Surfaces on Internet [Details]
- A$AP Rocky Explains Rita Ora Diss [Details]