A$AP Rocky Is the New Face of Dior Homme [Details]
Rucuss staffJune 15, 2016
A$AP Rocky is ready to promote Dior Homme.
The Harlem rapper, who released At.Long.Last.A$AP last year, will be the face of the menswear brand’s Winter 2016/2017 campaign. Dior Homme believes Rocky embodies “the empowered masculinity of today’s urban dandy.”
“It’s dope when you can mix it,” Rocky told WWD. “It’s all about taking two worlds like streetwear and high-end and kind of mashing them together. But when it comes to Dior, it’s just prestige and elegance in my opinion. It’s almost like Coco Chanel was for the lady.”
Dior Homme’s creative director Kris Van Assche explained Rocky’s addition to the campaign. “I really like his personal style and taste. He’s a real fashion lover,” said Van Assche. “He feels like fashion really influences his own work, and he has strong opinions on that.”
Rocky has also modeled for GQ and DKNY in the past.
The rapper was one of four men chosen to be the new faces — including filmmaker Larry Clark, young French actor Rod Paradot and model Dylan Roques– because their talents and rebelliousness inspire the brand’s creative director Kris Van Assche, who wanted to show diversity within a single point of view.
Rocky was one of four men chosen to be the new faces of Dior. Filmmaker Larry Clark, young French actor Rod Paradot and model Dylan Roques was also selected because of their talents and rebelliousness. It inspires the brand’s creative director Kris Van Assche, who wanted to show diversity within a single point of view.
The ads are scheduled to start appearing in select men’s publications mid July. Australian, South Korean issues of GQ and Elle Men in China will feature the line.
More from Rucuss
- A$AP Rocky Responds To Backlash Over Past Comments On Ferguson, Police Brutality
- Chanel Iman Stops A$AP Rocky From Fighting Security At VMAs, Rides 2 Train to Show [Video]
- A$AP Rocky Explains Rita Ora Diss [Details]
- Azealia Banks Exposes A$AP Rocky After He Says Dark Skin Girls Shouldn’t Wear Red Lipstick [Details]
- Rihanna Caught Making the Walk of Shame From A$AP Rocky’s Hotel Room!
- 50 Cent Blasts A$AP Rocky For Hitting On Ex Holly, A$AP Responds