Redskins Outed For Running Fan Twitter Account [Details]
Rucuss staffDecember 14, 2015
The Washington Redskins were outed on social media.
The Redskins’ social media team made a major mistake on Sunday and revealed that they are actually running a Twitter account that was supposedly started by fans.
DC Sports Bog’s Dan Steinberg captured screenshots showing identical tweets sent from both the Redskins’ official account and a Redskins Facts Twitter account during the team’s game against the Chicago Bears.
This is a shocking revelation because the “Redskins Facts” account “bio” section for the account describes it as “RedskinsFacts.com is a growing online community of passionate Washington Redskins fans and others who support the team’s use of its name and logo.”
Fun fact is that the team-controlled Twitter account admits its mission is to support the team’s controversial name and logo. So it appears there will be no name change in the near future.
Photos via Twitter and Instagram
More from Rucuss
- Washington Redskins Players Almost ‘Catfished’ By Woman With Fake Identity [Details]
- RG3 Spars With Fan Who Thinks He Needs To Stay Off Social Media
- NFL Player Robert Griffin III Buys $2.5 Million Home in Virginia [Photos]
- Wale Confronts Twitter Troll at WWE Event In D.C. [Video]
- Vivica A. Fox Talks About Failed Engagement, Says She Fell For a Six-Pack and A Smile
- Washington Redskins Owner Buys $70 Million Yacht