50 Cent Pays For The Funeral of New York Teenager Gunned Down on a Bus [Photos]
Rucuss staffMay 26, 2013
50 Cent opened up his wallet to help the family of a New York teenager gunned down at bus stop.
50 rented a horse drawn carriage that carried 14-year old D’aja Robinson to her funeral on Friday. Robinson’s funeral drew 2,500 mourners that lined the streets in Jamaica, N.Y., the New York Daily News reports.
Robinson was killed after leaving a Sweet 16 party in Queens. The 14-year old had just boarded a bus with her friends last weekend when gunfire erupted and she was struck by a stray bullet. The tragic incident caught 50’s attention and he offered to help pay for some of the funeral expenses.
‘People always try and paint negative images about me,’ 50 wrote on Facebook. “I’m the most genuine down to earth person and I didn’t forget where I came from. I came through for baby girl by providing a horse and carriage for her. She was pretty, innocent and didn’t deserve to die like that R.I.P D’Asia Robinson.’
50 also attended the funeral. Robinson’s family showed their appreciation on Facebook.
“I would like to thank 50cent for coming and showing his respects at Daja Robinson’s Funeral. R.I.P baby girl, we all mourn your death!!!!,” her family wrote.
Photos via the New York Daily News
More from Rucuss
- Say What: 50 Cent Spotted Wearing Wedding Band? [Photos]
- 50 Cent Denies He Was Arrested or Kicked Baby Mama! [Details]
- 50 Cent Deletes Toddler Son From Social Media [Details]
- 50 Cent Charged With Assaulting and Injuring His Child’s Mother! [Details]
- 50 Cent Avoids Jail Time in Domestic Violence Case [Details]
- Say What: Vivica Fox Says 50 Cent Is The Love of Her Life!